December 14, 2012

Scroll Ornament

Christmas is my favourite time of year. I love to decorate and make pretty things to hang on my Christmas tree. This isn't the first Pin that I actually sat down and did, but it is the first one that I am going to write about.

The Scroll Ornament
 
There are many versions of the scroll ornament on Pinterest, but I got my inspiration from here. For my ornament I used white, green, and red paper. I cut the paper into 1/2" and 1/4" strips about 4" long. Then I rolled them into tight curls and let them unroll after I pushed them into the ornament.


I also  added some little plastic gems, that I got at the craft store on sale, to add some shine and noise to the ornament.


 I really like these ornaments, they are different from what you usually see in a handmade ornament. I decided to make a bunch of them as gifts for my sons cousins. Before cutting the paper into strips, I printed some phrases on it including: 'Merry Christmas' '2012' 'To (enter name here)' & 'Love Owen'. I think that these will be great keepsake ornaments for many years to come.


Thanks for reading and happy pinning!





No comments:

Post a Comment